Why use a Matte Box?
- Filters – from clear, to ND, to specialized designs, an image starts through filtration.
- Light Control – Matte boxes are excellent at blocking stray or unwanted light in your image
This is a very complete 4×5.650 matte box kit with top & side flags, 15mm lens rod adapter, mini base plate with rods and a case! It also includes a riser for use with Canon DSLR cameras (see photo). Without the camera riser installed, the included mini base plate will provide the correct lens height for use with Sony cameras like the F55 and F5 (see photo). This Arri MMB-1 matte box can hold two 4×5.650 (“P-Size”) filters as well as a 138mm round filter in the included Arri light protection ring (great for holding a polarizing filter). One of the 4×5.650 filter stages can be rotated for use with vertically graduated filters.
- Arri Mini Matte Box MMB-1 Basic Module with 143mm back (K2.66052.0)
- (2) Arri 4 x 5.650 Rectangular Filter Trays
- Arri Mini Base Plate MBP-1 (K2.66051.0)
- Canon 5D Riser for MBP-1 (K2.65225.0)
- Arri Console 15mm MMB-1
- (2) Arri Side Flags for MMB-1
- Arri Light Protection Ring (rubber bellows/lens ring not included)
- Arri Top Flag for MMB-1 (K2.66093.0)
- (2) 9" Carbon Fiber Rods
- Custom Road Case